Farmersville, NY is a rural farming community in the heart of the Enchanted Mountains of Cattaraugus County. The area was first settled around 1805, but no permanent settlement was made until around 1817. Farmersville became a town in 1821 from part of the “Town of Ischua” (now Franklinville). There are two historical books available that discuss the history of Farmersville, NY, which can be obtained upon request from the town historian at a cost of $25.00 each.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 48.0 square miles (124.2 km2), of which 47.8 square miles (123.9 km2) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.4 km2), or 0.29%, is water. Farmersville is located in northeastern Cattaraugus County. The eastern town line is the border of Allegany County. New York State Route 16, New York State Route 98, and New York State Route 243 pass through the town.
Adjacent Towns and Areas
Farmersville is south of the town of Freedom and north of the towns of Lyndon and Franklinville. The east town line is shared with the town of Rushford in Allegany County. To the west is the town of Machias.